San Francisco Pride: June
The San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest gathering of the LGBT community in the nation. This celebration has over 200 affiliated groups and large number of stages and venues. The event has been held each year since 1972, and with each passing year the event grows in popularity. Much of the modern Pride scene and symbolism came from the original San Francisco events. For instance, Gilbert Baker created the original Rainbow Pride flag for the 1978 San Francisco Pride Parade.
The Mission of the San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration Committee is to educate, commemorate, celebrate, and liberate. San Francisco Pride is also a grant-giving organization through the Community Partners Program. Since 1997, SF Pride has awarded over $2.5 million dollars to local non-profit LGBT organizations. They have also aided other organizations working on issues related to HIV/AIDS, cancer, homelessness, and animal welfare.
This event lasts an entire weekend and includes a schedule full of events, performers, and, of course, the parade. There is no place like San Francisco to celebrate the love that can be found in the LGBT community. This is your opportunity to stand up against exclusion, demand equality, and celebrate diversity. Join more than 240 parade groups and thousands of spectators for the 47th Annual San Francisco Pride Parade and Celebration.
- Enjoy a fun, colorful, and fabulous parade with over 30,000 people marching and 30 floats.
- Two days of entertaining musicians and performers, including pop star, Betty Who, as the headlining performance!
- Get ready to dance and have a blast at San Francisco Pride VIP Party at San Francisco’s City Hall!
- Community stages and gathering places where local producers bring together the diverse San Francisco communities.
- A wide variety of artists, local and national businesses, nonprofits, artisans, and food and beverage vendors.
San Francisco Pride Parade 10:30 AM
June 24th, 2018
SF Pride Grandstand seating provides a comfortable viewing area to enjoy the San Francisco Pride Parade. Grandstands are located on the north side of Market Street between 7th and 8th Streets in downtown San Francisco. The entrance to the seating area is located on the western edge of the Grandstands, nearest 8th Street. The parade runs along Market Street from Beale to 8th.
DAY TIME ACTIVITIES
San Francisco Pride Parade
June 24th, 2018
Sat, June 23, 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM
Sun, June 24, 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Civic Center Plaza
Immerse yourself into two-days of community engagement and entertainment.