Mid-South Pride: September 29th – October 1st 2017
Get ready, Memphis, because Mid-South Pride to be the largest gathering for the LGBTQ community in the area! Along with being the biggest event, it will also be longest in Memphis history. The festivities will expand three days and include 125 vendors, live music, and much more! These Pride Week celebrations begin on Friday September 29th and end on Sunday, the 1st of October.
The largest event of Mid-South Pride is annual the Pride Parade and this year will be no different! You can catch the parade on the Historic Beale Street starting at 1pm on Saturday the 30th. Join the thousands cheering on the crowd in the parade or sign up to join the event. In addition, trophies will be giving out for a list of titles including: best theme, best walking group, best in show, and many more!
In addition to the other festivities, the Festival stage is home to a wide variety of diverse entertainment. The lineup includes local musicians, comedians, dance groups, and talents. At the festival, expect to see a multicultural celebration of different traditions. Find some great food and walk through over 80 vendor booths with products, services, and information. Children’s activities will be sure to keep the kids entertained all day. Also, keep an eye out for some local and national celebrities in the crowd!
- This year they are expanding the annual 1-day festival into a 3-day grand celebration!
- Of course, you can volunteer, donate, register as a vendor, sponsor, or walk proudly in the parade.
- Along with celebrating the LGBTQ community, this pride festival has a focus on honoring heroes in the military.
- Also, the Parade features two main events: The Pride Festival located at Robert Church Park and the Pride Parade located on Beale Street.
- Open meeting about the Mid-South pride festival on September 5th at 7pm – the committee welcomes all feedback so feel free to get involved!
Mid-South Pride Parade: 1:00 PM
The Pride parade will start at 1pm, on Saturday, September 30th. The Parade will once again go down the historic Beale Street where the beautiful 50ft flag makes its yearly debut.
DAY TIME ACTIVITIES
Mid-South Pride Festival
Saturday September 30th, 2017
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Mid-South Pride Festival is an all day event that attracts thousands of visitors! The festival includes 80 vendors, great food, children’s events, and a local stage featuring musicans, comedians, and much more. Although this festival is free, there is a VIP section that includes a list of extra amenities including a great view of the stage, open bar, and free food. VIP passes are 50 dollars and can be purchased on the Mid-South Pride website.
PRIDE AT NIGHT
The Pride Concert
Friday September 29th, 2017
7:00 PM at Handy Park