Los Angeles Pride: June
Founded in 1970, the Los Angeles Pride festival takes place at West Hollywood Park on San Vicente Boulevard. Since its inception, the founders re-branded as LA! Pride: The TLGB Celebration. Los Angeles Pride is one of a growing number of Pride events that stresses public awareness of gay people and their contributions to society thanks to Christopher Street West, the organizers of LA Pride. Christopher Street West’s mission is to create safe and inclusive spaces for self-expression, to inspire an authentic sense of activism in the continued fight for equality, and to celebrate the unique heritage and diverse cultures of Los Angeles’ LGBTQ+ community and its allies.
The first Pride parade was organized by Christopher Street West (CSW), a non-profit on June 28, 1970. The event was a response to the Stonewall Rebellion on Christopher Street in New York City earlier that year. The organization has built a rich history as an active voice for the LGBTQ+ community across the Greater Los Angeles area. They continue to organize the LA Pride Parade and Festival every June in the City of West Hollywood. They also fund a number of events during the year. Recently, Christopher Street West chose to increase their outreach toward the community because of the recent political situation.
- The Los Angeles pride had three different stages this year, with a very diverse lineup.
- Additionally, people enjoyed the Latin Music Stage which Nisan presented and Club Papi powered.
- The festival had a wide verity of the infamous Los Angeles food trucks.
- Also, the staff made free Wifi available for all attendees within the Festival grounds.
- Activist Alexei Romanoff was named Grand Marshal this year for his contribution to to the LGBTQ+ Community.
Los Angeles Pride
Sunday, June 10, 2018
Instead of the parade this year the Los Angeles pride brought people together for the #resistmarch which started from Hollywood and ended in West Hollywood. The march was in solidarity with the National Equality March for Unity and Pride in Washington D.C. and took place on the same day.
DAY TIME ACTIVITIES
LA Pride Week
June 4 – 10 ,2018
2018 LA Pride Festival
Saturday,June 9 & Sunday,June 10,2018