THIS WAS A FABULOUS OUTING! For a similar upcoming experience view our current listings
Toto Tours: Rudyard Kipling wrote The Jungle Book, a collection of stories published in 1894 about the “man-cub” Mowgli who grew up alongside animals in the wilds of India. For many people, these stories defined our idea of India as an exotic place, full of adventures amidst the dense foliage with predator and prey lurking around every corner. The reality nowadays is somewhat different. India is the 7th largest country on the planet, it has the 2nd largest population. Sadly, over-population has diminished natural landscapes and endangered wildlife, but the government of India is doing all it can to protect its rich and diverse wildlife in more than 120 national parks, 18 bio-reserves and 500 wildlife sanctuaries.
Toto Tours has organized many tours to India, but this is the first that will place primary focus on its wildlife. In addition to seeing rare animals in their natural environment, you will also experience the best of Indian heritage and culture. Around every corner another wonder of India’s kaleidoscopic richness reveals itself — Hindu temples, Buddhist stupas, Mughal forts, British colonial architecture and the glorious Taj Mahal. We invite you to experience an adventure like no other!
- Safaris by jeep in Kanha National Park, one of India’s largest parks and one of the first nine tiger reserves established with the initial launch of Project Tiger in 1973
- Wildlife viewing in Bandhavgarh National Park, holding the distinction of being the home of the last White Tiger in the wild.
- Visit Temples of Khajuraho, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Make a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, a jewel of Muslim art and one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Visit 16th – century Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site