THIS WAS A FABULOUS OUTING! For a similar upcoming experience view our current listings
Toto Tours: Bolivia may just be the greatest mystery of South America. It is a landlocked country in the heart of the Andes Mountains. It’s remoteness and (until recently) inaccessibility has allowed it to keep its cultural heritage intact, much as it has been for centuries. Bolivia offers an authentic slice of Latin American life. Any challenges faced getting to, and traveling in, Bolivia are more than compensated by the country’s staggering breadth of contrasts. One day you’re in the steaming jungle. Another finds you exploring a vast silver mine. Then you’re in the otherworldly salt flats. Finally, you’re made breathless by the sight of Lake Titicaca and the grandeur of the Andes Mountains (not to mention the high altitude). Bolivia has everything that Toto Tours looks for in a destination – it is unique, unknown to most people, and a treasure trove of visual wonders and history.
- Sightseeing tour of Santa Cruz, visiting traditional city’s neighborhoods
- Explore Samaipata Fortress – a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore UNESCO city of Sucre and Parque Cretácico – one of the world’s largest areas of dinosaur footprints (over 5,000 of them)
- Visit old mining town of Potosi – a World Heritage Site, and one of the world’s highest cities at 13,420 feet above sea level.
- Enjoy a full-day 4×4 jeep tour on the Uyuni Salt Flats – the world’s largest salt flat
- Visit Lake Titicaca – the highest navigable fresh water lake in the world.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of La Paz, the official seat of the Bolivian Government.