Epicurean Travel: Turkey is the only country that spans two continents – Europe and Asia. This gives the Mediterranean cuisine a special twist that we would love to share with you. Our trips to Turkey include the opportunity to explore the wonders of Istanbul, the deep history and tastes of the Izmir/Ephesus area, and the amazing topography of Cappadocia.
For war history buffs, we also have trip extensions to Troy and Gallipoli. For those who like nothing better than relaxing by the aquamarine waters of the Aegean, we have a trip extension to Bodrum or visit the countries capitol, Ankara and see Midas’ Tomb and the sight of the famous Gordion Knot.
- Enjoy the day relaxing or venture out and explore the many wonders of the Old City.
- exploring the Old City, New City and Golden Horn and the capital of Turkey, Istanbul.
- Amazing trip to majestic city of Cappadocia, the mysterious city of Turkey.
- Peek into the kitchen for a quick primer on Turkish spices. Enjoy dinner prepared by a local cook.
- explore the ancient Roman city of Ephesus, the city of ancient of Turkey and ole Europe.
- Spend the day visiting a national park along the Aegean sea
Day 1 : Arrive Istanbul, Turkey
Arrive in Istanbul, where you are met and transferred to your hotel in the Old City. Enjoy the day relaxing or venture out and explore the many wonders of the Old City.
Day 2-4: Explore Istanbul
Spend the next three days with your private tour guide exploring the Old City, New City and Golden Horn.
Day 5-6: Cappadocia and Goreme Valley
Depart your hotel in Istanbul and catch a flight to the majestic city of Cappadocia. We will spend the next two days exploring the region and visiting the Goreme National Park, which is listed as aUNESCO World Heritage site.
Day 7: Izmir
We bid farewell to Cappadocia and catch a flight to Izmir where we meet our local guide who transports us to our boutique hotel surrounded by gardens and kissed by breezes off the Aegean. Rest, read a book, or explore the gardens. Peek into the kitchen for a quick primer on Turkish spices. Enjoy dinner prepared by a local cook.
Day 8: Ancient city of Ephesus
After breakfast we explore the ancient Roman city of Ephesus, visit the House of the Virgin Mary and walk by the grounds of the Basilica of St. John. Later that evening enjoy another wonderful meal prepared at the hotel.
Day 9-10: Izmir
The next two days are up to you! Izmir offers visitors many sites of antiquity. Spend the day visiting a national park along the Aegean sea, visit local markets and have a cooking class or simply relax in the Eden-like gardens of our hotel – the choices are endless.
Day 11: Depart for Istanbul
After breakfast we will catch a short flight to return to Istanbul, where you will either fly home or continue this amazing journey with an extension to your trip.
- 2 to 4 travelers: $6800 per person, double occupancy
- 5 to 6 travelers: $6000 per person, double occupancy
- 7 to 10 travelers: $5600 per person, double occupancy
- Solo Traveler Fee: $600