THIS WAS A FABULOUS OUTING! For a similar upcoming experience view our current listings
Toto Tours: Everything in China seems just a little bit grander, and even in the midst of frantic modernization it is easy to find evidence of China’s glorious traditions. Not even the dour and rather unstylish Communists could squelch the country’s past glories. Time, however, can be a cruel opponent, reshaping the landscape or whittling away at the monuments of human civilization. With such an ancient history, change is inevitable.
The tour begins in Beijing, visiting the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the beautiful Temple of Heaven. Walk upon the Great Wall of China, see the Ming Tombs and the amazing Terra Cotta Warriors of Xi’an. In the lovely town of Guilin, marvel at the picturesque scenery that has inspired painters and poets for centuries. The tour comes to a dramatic conclusion in ultra-modern Shanghai, completing an overview of a Dynasty unlike any in history.
- Visit the Forbidden City – the world’s largest palace complex and the world’s greatest man-made projects – the Great Wall
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the ancient lanes and alleyways of Beijing’s Hutongs
- Enjoy the famous Peking Roast Duck
- Visit Bird’s Nest and the Water Cube(Olympic National Stadium), where the 29th Beijing Olympic Games were held in 2008
- Visit Xi’an incredible Terracotta Warriors, where 8,000 life-size figures were buried in three giant pits as a form of funerary art at the mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang, China’s first emperor
- Watch a Chinese Acrobatic Show (additional cost) in Beijing and Tang Dynasty Dancing Show in Xi’an
- Enjoy one of the country’s finest excursions – a leisurely boat trip down the Li River, and excursion aboard bamboo rafts on the Yu Long River, in Guilin
- Visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai City-planning Museum, Xintiandi
- Enjoy Huangpu River cruise in Shanghai