Charlotte Pride: August
Charlotte Pride is the leading LGBTQ event in the Carolina region. Since the founding of Charlotte Pride in 2000, the event has grown with the number of partnerships and programs at the event. Every year, we try to find better ways to connect community members with their mission, vision, and values. Throughout the years, it has become one of the largest LGBTQ Pride organizations in the American Southeast.
Additionally, Charlotte Pride is the leader in LGBTQ visibility in Charlotte and the Carolinas. The event staff presents and collaborates on programs, projects, and activities. Some of these include the annual Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade, Charlotte Trans Pride, Charlotte Latin Pride, and Reel Out Charlotte, among others. This pride event had an amazing turnout last year, boasting 130,000 visitors, and the staff is expecting to have an even larger crowd this year. Because of these large numbers, the Charlotte Pride organizers are committed to a welcoming environment and inclusion. In fact,Charlotte Pride is proud to be one of the only Uptown festivals to consistently provide accessible opportunities for our entire community over several years. The staff strives to provide an accessible experience for all the attendees and participants. Come join the festivities, so that the event breaks the benchmark that was set by last year’s weekend!
- See over 25 clergy organizations show support for the LGBTQ community and its allies
- Large party of vendors during the festival ranging from local sports clubs to national companies!
- View artistic and cultural works of every type created by members of the LGBTQ community
- An amazing VIP experience with plenty of perks, including access to the VIP lounge – a private space with its own bar and amenities
- Dozens of marching contingents and floats to make vibrant and colorful parade
Charlotte Pride Parade
Sunday, August 19th 2018
The parade will begin at 1st and N. Tryon Sts. Join thousands of marchers express their support for the LGBTQ as they head down main street till Trade St. See all the amazing performances, floats and people come together and fill Charlotte with colors!
DAY TIME ACTIVITIES
More details coming soon!!
Charlotte Pride Week: Friday, August 10-Sunday, August 19, 2018
Festival: Saturday, August 18-Sunday, August 19, 2018