Epicurean Travel: Germany is one of the largest and most prosperous countries in Europe. Come with us to explore the special part of this vibrant country that boarders the Rhine wine country and extends down to the Black Forest. It is a Western European country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and North Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history.
- Explore the beautiful streets and squares of the city, stopping to visit the covered market and grab lunch.
- driving through the woods of the Taunus and continue onward to the Rheingau wine region, home to the world’s best Riesling
- learn to prepare some delicious Franconia specialties, with a high spirited and entertaining cook, while enjoying a nice glass of wine.
- travel to Nuremberg to experience the striking architecture of the New Museum, showing art and design from 1945 to today.
- stop along the way to sample pastries, wursts, beer, wine, and many other delights of the region.
- travel to the middle of the city to relax and enjoy dinner in a 300 year old house that offers the most modern German cuisine.
Day 1: Arrive Frankfurt & Explore Kronberg
Arrive in Frankfurt, where you are met by a local guide. Explore the beautiful streets and squares of the city, stopping to visit the covered market and grab lunch. Afterwards you will be escorted to your first stay in an enchanting German castle.
Day 2: Visit the Rheingau wine region
After a refreshing night’s rest, wake up and enjoy a royal breakfast. Afterwards we drive through the woods of the Taunus and continue onward to the Rheingau wine region, home to the world’s best Riesling. After a splendid lunch and wine tasting we visit a historic and picturesque cloister with views and buildings reminiscent of days gone by.
Day 3: Medieval towns and more. Cooking class I
Our third day we set off to explore several medieval towns to enjoy the history, architect, quaint streets, hidden treasures, breweries, palaces and countryside that Germany has to offer.
Day 4: Bamberg, Nurnberg and on to Munich
After breakfast on day four, we take a guided tour through Bamberg, along the water and up to the cathedral with the famous Bamberg Horseman.
Day 5: Explore the charming and multifaceted city of Munich
Day five gives us the chance to explore the streets and sights of Munich.
Day 6: Travel to Lake Starnberg for a boat ride followed by cooking class II
Day six is another full day of adventures. We take a short drive to Lake Stamberg, where we embark on a boat tour while enjoying the area’s many attractions with the magnificent Alps as a back drop. Then it’s back to Munich for our second cooking class.
Day 7: Visit Heidelberg and secret gems
Day seven takes us to Heidelberg, where we visit the number one attraction in Germany. It is a special secret that you can only discover when you explore with Epicurean Travel. Afterwards we travel to the middle of the city to relax and enjoy dinner in a 300 year old house that offers the most modern German cuisine.
Day 8 : auf Wiedersehen
We start with a quick drive to the Frankfurt airport for your departure home. Depending on your return flights, there will be time for a relaxed breakfast, sightseeing or last minute gift shopping in Europe’s longest pedestrian area.
- 2 to 4 travelers: $4200/person, double occupancy
- 5 to 6 travelers: $ 3500/person, double occupancy
- 7 to 8 travelers: $2900/person, double occupancy
- Solo traveler fee: $600